Sick during IVF transfer
3 Replies
KKrebs - February 18

Hello,

What has your experience been with patients who have been sick during the IVF transfer (before/during/after). Of all weeks, I ended up with bronchitis and was being treated with zithromax. Do you have any empirical data that suggests it affects the outcome of achieving pregnancy? I was coughing quite a bit.
Secondarily, the antibiotic caused great intestinal woes and found myself frequenting the bathroom for the three days of transfer and forward. Would this affect any outcome as well?

Thank you for your generosity in answering our questions!

Krista

B. Jacobs, M. D. - February 18

I am sorry, but I have no data or experience to help you. You are probably OK. I do not think your coughing or antibiotic issues have caused a problem.
Good luck.

lenlance - February 18

am doing iui using tamoxifen cd3-7 and gonal-f 7-10. after 3days on injectable i had very small follicles and dosage increased. my question is how many days does it take for follicles to mature? is there a thing like follicles maturing to fast while on injectables like gonal-f or follistim?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - February 19

I have no experience using tamoxifen as pasrt of an ovulation iduction protocol. Tamoxifen is a drug like Clomid, with a very similar mechanism of action. I assume it will behave much the same way. You should reach maximum follicle size about 5 to 7 days after your last tamoxifen pill.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?