IVF at 43
0 Replies
twinkletoes - May 27

Hi,
I am 43 yrs old and just had my 2nd ivf transfer.

1st ivf:
11 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized. Transfered 5 grade 1 8-cell embryos, froze 2 grade 1 7-cell, 1 grade 1 6-cell and 1 grade 2 7-cell.

Resulted in chemical pregnancy

2nd ivf:
15 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized:

5 grade 1 8-cell
1 grade 1 9-cell
2 grade 1 7-cell
1 grade 1 6 cell
1 grade 2 9-cell
1 grade 2 6-cell
1 grade 2 3-cell

Because of my age, we decidided day 3 transfer of 9 embryos, froze the other 2. the 3-cell is not good enough for the transfer and my RE said will probably not be good enough for freezing. I know that at 43, most of my eggs are chromosomely abnormal. Do you think we should have transferred all of the embryos including the 4 frozen from my 1st cycle? I had my transfer on 5/25 and in my 2 ww. If this does not work, I will try to do FET with the 6 frozen embryos. I asked about donor eggs before starting my 2nd ivf but my RE said that inspite of my age I still respond good with the stims and will just try to transfer more next time, thus the transfer of 9 embies. Do you think that if this doesn't work, to go straight to donor embies on the 3rd ivf? Is is possible to combine donor and my own frozen embryos in one transfer?

Oh, my insurance does not cover IVF so this is all out of pocket. It is physically, financially and mentally stressfull for us to do this but we are still praying for a miracle.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?