Egg quality
2 Replies
luckyducky - October 17

Just had my transfer on my first ivf cycle. We had failed 5 iuis prior to this. I was born with hypothyroidism but had excellent control going into and throughout our nearly 2 yrs of ttc. Found to have borderline hyperprolactin by regular ob who put me on bromocriptine which did regulate my cycles nicely but both the first and second RE felt it really wasn't abnormal so had me stop it. On this first ivf cycle, I did a typical long Lupron protocol starting after 2 months of birth control because of my irregular cycles without the bromo. My AFC was 14 and amh was 1.92. Fsh has always been [9. Started on 150 IU follistim and 1 vial menopur. Menopur stayed at 1 vial throughout but follistim was dropped to 100 after 4 days then bumped back up 2 days later. Only 9-10 follicles were of decent size throughout but sizes became more discordant after the dose had been dropped down. 14 were retrieved but not surprisingly, only 9 were mature. However what was upsetting was that only 4 fertilized with ICSI. 3 made it to day 3 and were looking good at 7-8 cells each. On day 5 at transfer, only 2 remained: an early blast (2AA) and a morula. The RE did say that based on my age (34), I had a much lower than expected outcome this far. I'm trying to remain optimistic that maybe this will still work but seems that slow embryo growth isn't good news. If they were doing so well on day 3, what happened? Could my protocol have resulted in the poor fertilization rate? Even if this this successful, I still need to know.

luckyducky - October 17

That should say fsh is always [9

luckyducky - October 17

Less than 9. The website doesn't seem to recognize special characters correctly

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?