did I stimulate too fast?
1 Replies
AgnesG - October 22

Dr thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. I apologize in advance for the long post.
I started my first IVF cycle a couple of weeks ago. My protocol was follistim 325 once a day starting on day 3. On day 2 , I had 9 antral follicles ( i am 40 years old). After 4 days of shots, I had BW/US: estrogen at 883, LH at 12 and 5 follicles 10-15.9, 4 follicles 4-8. I was told to start antagon but keep follistim at 325. 2 days later my estrogen was at 1300 and I had 3 follicles 17-19, 2 at 14, 4 at 7-11. I was told to keep the same dose and come back the next day as i was close. That next day my estrogen was 1600, and I had 4 follicles 19-21, 2 at 14 and 3 at 8-11. I was told to take one more dose of follistim and antagon that night and trigger at 1 am. I went for retrieval 34 hrs later, where they only retrieved 3 eggs /9 follicles, only one which turned out to be mature and fertilized and is now slowly growing (4 cells on day 3).
I amtrying to understand what went wrong and how the protocol should be changed for next time. Did I stimulate too fast? should i have started the antagon before the LH crept up? should I have triggered earlier to capture more mature eggs?
Thanks so much for you advice and comments

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 26

I do not use Antagon, so I have a difficult time relating to the protocol. We have found that retrieval before cycle day 11 or 12 does not provide us with mature eggs.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?