scar tissue
1 Replies
AmandaV - June 27

I have one child who is four years old and after my c-section, I had a bad infection. After trying for our 2nd child for a year, we found out I have massive scarring of my pelvic region. One tube was completely blocked and the other was open but all pushed around by scar tissue. I had surgery a year ago to remove scar tissue and try to put things back together again. My ovary was actually up in my abdomen. She was able to put the right side back together again.

My doc said that the right side was open but that there was so much scar tissue around she did not know what my chances were of concieving. she did say there was a chance althoug not great, but nothing has happened in a year. We do not want to do ivf but we don't know what our chances are of concieving naturally. Just wondering what you thought.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 27

If you have that much peritubular disease, you will probably require in vitro fertilization (IVF). You have already had heroic surgery, but there is only so much you can expect from surgery.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?