Lining
2 Replies
AJ32 - December 14

Hi!
My CD10 u/s revealed 1 16mm follie. My lining was only at 6.5. My RE canceled my cycle.

At this same time last cycle I had a 16mm follie; my lining was 8. I detected my surge on CD11; I had an IUI on CD12. With the way my OPKs look, I predict I will have a + on CD11 again.

These are unmedicated cycles. Last cycle I did do acupuncture. I also used herbs; it was a tea from CD4-CD14. I can't help but wonder if the herbs helped thicken my lining.

I understand that estrogen is responsible for thickening lining. I feel my RE was quick to cancel. Thinking that my lining could have caught up. Am I wrong in my thinking? How much does lining increase each day, typically?

Based on this information do you think I should request estrogen for my next cycle? I plan on doing a medicated cycle (I’ve been here before)...gonal-f, ganarelix (to prevent early ovulation), trigger, and prometrium.

I'm also thinking about insisting on 2 insems (I'm using donor sperm). I would trigger in the evening, inseming the following morning and again the next morning after that. I just want to cover a bigger window.

I'm 32. This is my 12th IUI.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - December 14

Using a product like gonal-f will probably be of benefit, if you have reasonable ovarin reserve. I do not know that you need the Ganerelix. If you are having intrauterine insemination, a second insemination does not provide addaed benefit.
Good luck.

AJ32 - December 15

I guess my RE made a good call with regards to canceling this cycle. I did in fact get my +OPK on CD11, as predicted. I'm sure my lining was not thick enough at this time.

I do in fact need the ganarelix. I had canceled cycle on gonal-f when I prematurely ovulated before my follies were mature.

I do not want another medicated cycle canceled. In light of my scant lining I wonder if I should request something to plump it up...I think that would be estrogen.

Well, now I'm off to worry about OHHS.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?