Hope and wondering where to go?
3 Replies
iluvbabies7 - June 17

I am new to this board, I have writtten a long story and deleted the whole thing several times. My story and problems seem to be small to what I have been reading.
My heart goes to everyone who uses this board, and I wish the best to everyone of you,and hope your dreams come true.
Since 12-05 I have been pregnant 2x the last time was a week ago. I have had a TR in '03,which I know worked or else I would not be here. Both ended in mc just a few days later. :'( I am 37 and my husband is 43.
The last one I carried for awhile longer than the first, and was going to give my husband the positive pregnancy test for farther's day, actually tommorrow 6-18. I am a emotional wreck, and I am scared to have sex due to what it might create and what it may not. My Dr. states that it (both mc's) were all God's plan. I am beating myself up over these mc's. I asked about blood work, and all he wants to do is see where they are. Nothing more. In '04 I was diagnosed with Epstein-Barr and I am wondering now if my body is not attacking the pregnancies like disease's and killing them. I will not go back to the OBGYN due to a nurse who was so very rude when I called about the bleeding, and acted like it was no concern. My question to anyone should I go to a infertility Dr. or find a good OBGYN? What tests should I have done? ???

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 17

At the age of 37, your risk of miscarirage is somewhay greater than at 27. It will become progressively worse. I invite yo to see the information I have provided on our web site. <www.texasfertility.com>. The are a number of reasons for miscarriage, but you are not responsible for your losses. Do not punish yourself. Usually we do not do an evaluation for recurrent pregnancy loss until after 3 miscarriages. The best one to see for such an evaluation is a Reproductive Endocrinologist - N0T an OB-GYN.
Good luck.

iluvbabies7 - June 18

Thank you! The information you gave me was alot more than the OBGYN gave me! I will keep in touch. God bless you.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 18

Please remember, OB-GYN's are NOT trained to diagnose and treat problems associated with infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?