Bleeding during IVF Cycle
7 Replies
BabyBaba - March 14

Dear Dr. Jacobs:

I am going through my IVF cycle and currently on 300 units of Repronex. I have been taking the medication sub-cutaneously along with 5 units of Lupron. Today is Day 7 of Repronex and Day 17 of Lupron as well as Day 9 since first day from start of menstural period.
Today, I noticed that there was bleeding (similar to menstrual period bleeding) as well as some discomfort in the pelvic area. It just felt like I had got my period. I called up the RE and he said that it occurs in some women. I was wondering if you have experienced this and your thoughts on the same.

Thanx.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - March 15

I have not had patients with similar complaints, but I use a different stimulation protocol.
Good luck.

BabyBaba - March 15

Dear Dr. Jacobs:
Thanks for the quick feedback. The bleeding stopped within a few hours but I still get a lot of cervical mucus. I visited the physician's/RE's office and they said that they have had patients with similar experience to Repronex. Thankfully, I am fine now and would be visiting tomorrow for ultrasounds and blood work.

Thanks once again.

Liana - April 7

Good afternoon,
on the ivf program. Transfer of two embys, one grade A 7 cell and one Grade A 6 cell on morning of March 26th. Two days ago, March 5th I started scarcely spotting Dark blood. This occured on and off very lightly for two days. March 5th and 6th. Today, the 7th, I have been experiencing more of a blood show. Not heavy, still using light days, and does not totally resemble my normal menstrual cycle. My Blood test is this coming Monday March 10th. I am really uptight that this could in fact be my period although it does not show all absolute signs of being. I am on Prometrium, Progesterone, vaginally (100mg pearls) I take two of them three times a day ( every eight hours.) Please help me out, I am going crazy thinking that this has failed and just want some information on Bleeding, or Blood show at this stage in the ivf program. And I am wondering if the Progesterone alters the menstrual cylce when it does come.
Any information would be helpful.
Thanks
Liana

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - April 7

I am not able to evaluate you, so I cannot tell you the source or reason for your bleeding. I have to recommend you see your RE.
Good luck.

Liana - April 8

Just wanted to say thank you so much for your reply. I guess I will know ultimately on Monday when I get my blood work done, the answer is, either I am pregnant or I am not. And if not, I guess I will have to deal with that when the time comes. To all of you out there on the IVF program...Never stop hoping. I wish you all the best during such a trying time.
Liana

Liana - April 8

Just wanted to say thank you so much for your reply. I guess I will know ultimately on Monday when I get my blood work done, the answer is, either I am pregnant or I am not. And if not, I guess I will have to deal with that when the time comes. To all of you out there on the IVF program...Never stop hoping. I wish you all the best during such a trying time.
Liana

kemisolamary - April 6

I had my embryo transfer on March 28 and started spotting 6th April. Went to the hospital today and was given progesterone injection. Still spotting and very worried.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?