Adenomyosis/how do you know
1 Replies
Brenda - October 4

Hi
After an extensive infertility battle, and trying to locate a new facility. I have now in my possession doctors notes in regard to a hysteroscopic rectoscope. In these notes it states when the fibroids were being resection, the sights to coagulate the sites were unsuccessful and it was felt that adenomyosis was present

It is a shock and the first time I have heard this diagnosis. At the present time, how could I go about finding out if I have this or not.
We are in the middle of finding another infertility clinic but would it be something my ob/gyn could help diagnosis in the interim.
I have had a myomectomy with severe pelvic adhesions and not a candidate for another myomectoy as there was severe adhesions and bowel perforation if this surgery is performed again.
I appreciate your insights.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - October 4

Adenomyosis is endometrium buried in the muscular wall of the uterus. Although there are some sonographic findings consistant with adenomyosis, the diagnosis is basicly one made by the pathologist, after the uterus is in the laboratory. For the reasons you have given, I try not to operate on fibroids. Unless they are immediately under the uterine lining, removing them does little good, and can produce major problems.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?