IVF and trigger timing
2 Replies
connier - November 8

Doctor,

Brief background...I started this cycle with a 12mm follicle, Lupron didn't suppress me. I was told I could start stims anyway. On my 5th day of stims the 12mm was now 18mm and I had approx. eight follicles 12mm and less, my E2 was 700 and prog. was .6 that day. I was told to reduce my dose of Gonal-f and return two days later (today). The 18mm is now 25+mm and the largest of the other follicles is 15mm. I was told I might trigger tonight based on my E2 and progesterone.

My husband is on a business trip and I want to wait until tomorrow to trigger, especially because the largest follicle (aside from the huge one) is 15mm and I felt like I'd get one over-ripe egg and a bunch of immature eggs if I triggered today.

If I were your patient, [b]when would you trigger me?[/b] I don't have my bloodwork results back yet. And [b]will the large follicle possibly cause egg quality problems for the other follicles?[/b]

 

connier - November 8

Well my E2 was 1,643 and they doctor is having me continue stims for 2 more days. Does this sound good to you doctor? I'm assuming the large follicle is going to be gigantic by Thursday's u/s. ???

 

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - November 9

There are a number of different protocols for IVF, and differnt criteria for giving hCG. Follow your physician's recommendations.
Good luck.

 

Message:


You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.




Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Sign Up Here!


Already a member?
Please login below.





Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Ask a Question