IVF and trigger timing
2 Replies
connier - November 8

Doctor,

Brief background...I started this cycle with a 12mm follicle, Lupron didn't suppress me. I was told I could start stims anyway. On my 5th day of stims the 12mm was now 18mm and I had approx. eight follicles 12mm and less, my E2 was 700 and prog. was .6 that day. I was told to reduce my dose of Gonal-f and return two days later (today). The 18mm is now 25+mm and the largest of the other follicles is 15mm. I was told I might trigger tonight based on my E2 and progesterone.

My husband is on a business trip and I want to wait until tomorrow to trigger, especially because the largest follicle (aside from the huge one) is 15mm and I felt like I'd get one over-ripe egg and a bunch of immature eggs if I triggered today.

If I were your patient, [b]when would you trigger me?[/b] I don't have my bloodwork results back yet. And [b]will the large follicle possibly cause egg quality problems for the other follicles?[/b]

connier - November 8

Well my E2 was 1,643 and they doctor is having me continue stims for 2 more days. Does this sound good to you doctor? I'm assuming the large follicle is going to be gigantic by Thursday's u/s. ???

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - November 9

There are a number of different protocols for IVF, and differnt criteria for giving hCG. Follow your physician's recommendations.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?