Clomid, Injectables, and IUI
1 Replies
Lgirl - May 16

We have been TTC another baby for 6 years. Last September I became pregnant only to have the pregnancy end in a Blighted Ovum. We have since gone on to have further testing and it has been determined that we have unexplainable secondary infertility. We did 2 cycles of Clomid 50 mg Cycle 1: days 3-7. I had 3 mature follicles with a uteran lining of 9.
Cycle 2: days 4-8. I had 2 mature follicle with a lining of 9. Both times I had an HCG trigger shot and an IUI 36 hours later.
We then moved on to an injectable cycle this past month. Follistim 150 mg on cycle days 3-5, Menapur cylce days 6-9, cycle day 10 a Follistim 150 mg. Also, I had a ganarelix shot on cycle days 8 - 10. I had my HCG shot on cycle day 11 with the IUI on cycle day 13. I had 3 mature follicles and my uteran lining was 13.

I am pretty sure that this cycle will end with a negative result also. I am to test on Friday. Can you give me any insight on why these may not be working. I am 37 years old, so I know my age may have a lot to do with it.
Is there something else that would work better for us?
Are the doctors possibly missing something?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 16

Unfortunately, you are 37,m not 27. It does make a difference. I have not seen a couple in over 15 years in whom I could not find an expalnation for impaired fertility. Without being able to evaluate you, I cannot provide insight into why you have not conceived with treatment.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?