IVF anyone?
2699 Replies
Jules614 - August 13

Jen - How u feeling - what family business is that? What exactly do you do?

STill no signs of labor.

Julie

jenfrancis - August 13

Julie - I am fine. Its a home health agency that sends nurses, providers and medical supplies to the invallid and shut in (disabled). My husbands brother owns it. There are maybe 15 nurses and providers and 6 employees under me. I am the Office manager/Executive assistant to my bro in law.

Its fun. I wear scrubs and look professional! Haha. No really, I run the office, answer phones if I can. I make sure our licensing is good, I do billing, conduct audits on the patient records. Make sure that criminal checks are done on providers and employees, just run the office.

I dont know what a mucus plug is or looks like. I remember with my daughter my water broke and that was it. I did not see any mucus.

Jules614 - August 13

Jen - Sounds like a nice stable job - and that is great working for family especially while carrying triplets!

Julie

vw79girl - August 14

Jen...that shower/party sounds like so much fun! That is so cute! :)

Jules614 - August 14

I went for my 39 week appointment (will be 39 weeks tomorrow) It went OK. My blood pressure was 120/70, I was measuring at 38 weeks, and Kaitlyn's hear rate was was 142 beats per minute and I lost ½ pounds. I am now dilated 1 1/2 – 2cm and about 50% effaced. Baby's head is down, but she is still somewhat high. Because everything looks good, I go back in a week and discuss possible induction given the doc already estimated Kaitlyn is 7 ½ - 8 pounds today!

Julie

bdantonio - August 14

are you getting excited or nervous now?

Jules614 - August 14

I am getting inpatient!

Julie

Marina - August 14

Thanks girls for your support,I'm slowly recovering after the shock of BFN.Thinking of other possible options.VERY mad at my RE,because only NOW he thinks we should see urologist or think about sperm donor.Would it hurt him before this cycle to tell us to go and check this out BEFORE we spent all the money?!I made a point about sperm a couple of times,he said no.Well,anyhow we going to see a urologist next WED and go from there.I'm done with this clinic and we are going tonight to the seminar at the other clinic to see what they have to offer.I don't know what are we going to do yet,the biggest problem is money.My dad gave us money for this try,I didn't tell him yet that it didn't work.I just don't know HOW to tell him.He wanted to help us so much...He is not a rich man!

Beth,I wrote you an e-mail on your hotmail.com address.

Jules614 - August 14

Oh Marina - That is so nice your dad helped you out - I am sure when you tell him it didn't work he will be more upset for you rather than him...

You could always move to MA or CT where IVF is covered through insrance 8)

Julie

mommyof2 - August 15

Hi, I am new to this site and looking for someone who has been through some IVF situations. I took stims of follistim 600IU, Menopur, and leuprolide to get started. We had 2 "fair" embryos transferred. Both were lost at different times. We are now headed towards another trnasfer of 2 more on Sept. 9th. I don't understand if the docs tell you everything looks great and healthy why the IVF isnt working for us. I already have 2 children conceived naturally. Is it more likely to take the second round???? I'm so confused.
[quote author=lyly14 link=board=12;threadid=5034;start=0#43386 date=1195571538]
Hi Jules- Thats ok that you don't know what to expect either, having someone to go through it with is just as good. :) It's nice to have someone to talk to that is going through the same process. I see on the other board that you posted on you are already on the lupron. Sorry to hear it is making you sick. :( How long have you been on it? and what dose are you on? I have only had 3 shots of 10 units so far. I take my last bcp tonight and go in for my first scan on sat. I think I start fsh stimulation on the 26th or 27th. Where are you in the cycle? and what kind of protocol are you on. I am on the long protocol.
[/quote]

Jules614 - August 15

welcome mommyof2 - how come you are doing IVF if you conceived two naturally? What is your history? I ask to get a feel for your situation and why/why not iVF didn't work right off.

Julie

bdantonio - August 15

julie,
How have you been feeling? Are you ready for that finish line?

JasJulesMom - August 15

Hi Everyone- Just got back from vacation. We had a really fun time, although I am exhausted. Here is an update on my gestational diabetes. The diet seemed to work somewhat, although my overnight blood sugar and after breakfast still seemed to be high. So they put me on insulin before breakfast and before bed. nOt that bad, although I wish did not have to take it. Lyly to answer your question they changed the number requirements somewhat.(Diabetes association) <90 is what is required when you wake up and <120 1 hour after a meal.

Marina- SO sorry to hear about your BFN I was so hoping to sign on today and hear your good news.

Beth- Glad you are goung to try again, lots of luck and baby dust.

Lisa- Sounds like your shower was great.

Ronda- I know what you mean about the acrobatics, this baby is like a soccer player.

Reshema, Jen hope you are doing well.

Julie I am so excited for you. You are sooooo close. Is Samantha excited?

Jules614 - August 15

bdantonio - I am doing OK - first morning in weeks I woke up without a headache. I notice every time I eat lately, my stomach feels a little upset. Not sure why?

JasJulesMom - So sorry you have to take insulin. Do you notice a difference in how you feel from the diet and med? The good news is, it will go away once you deliver and that is only 3 months from now - if not sooner. Samantha is VERY excited about meeting her sister. She keeps asking when she will be coming out and talking about her all day at school.

Julie

mommyof2 - August 15

Thank you. I have tubal issues and my husband has been diagnosed with abnormal morphology. So we decided this IVF would be the best route to go. Its all very confusing as to why a woman has a m/c when she is told that everything looks great and the HcG levels are climbing. I felt like I had a bladder infection each time I miscarried the embyos. I have never experienced this type of disappointment and confusion. One embryo was B/B and the other was C/B, so they were considered "Fair" quality. Does that mean all our frozen ones are less than "fair"?
[quote author=Jules614 link=board=12;threadid=5034;start=1995#52330 date=1218805733]
welcome mommyof2 - how come you are doing IVF if you conceived two naturally? What is your history? I ask to get a feel for your situation and why/why not iVF didn't work right off.

Julie
[/quote]

Arabsrcool - August 15

Welcome mommyof2. I am sorry to hear about your prior miscarriages. You will find alot of support here. In response to your question about the frozen ones, most clinics will not freeze "poor" quality embryos. Usually they take the best to transfer, then freeze any remaining embies that look "normal" and could go on to create a pregnancy. You must remember, less than ideal embies can go ahead and thrive in their mommy!

Julie,

maybe the no headache and upset tummy is a sign you are about to meet your baby. I keep getting on the site and looking to see if you have had that baby yet!. I never passed a mucus plug, my water broke with my dd, so who knows what else came out.

I think my dh has finally realized he needs to get it in gear, that I am about to enter the third tri-mester and there are still things to be done!

Ronda

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?