Protocol
1 Replies
LMN - August 17

Dr. Jacobs,
I hope you can provide me with your expert opinion on what protocol would be appropriate for my situation.

I am 35 years old with an elevated FSH of 13.7. I have 3 failed cycles, 2 Fresh and 1 FET. The first cycle, I was put on a Repronex/Lupron/Follistim (450) protocol. I only produced 4 follicles, 2 became embryos and the embryos were rated grade 1 (best quality). They were 8 cells embryos with no fragmentation. Both were transferred on day 3. The result was a chemical pregnancy.

I went through a 2nd IVF attempt, this time with a different protocol of Follistim(450) and mini HCG. I produced 7 follicles, only 5 became embryos. By day 3, I have 1 grade 1 embryo (9 cell no fragmentation), 2 grade 2 embryos (9 cells with little fragmentation), and 2 grade 4 embryos with fragmentation. 3 of the best embryos were transferred in day 3 and the other 2 reached blastocysts and were frozen. Both resulted in failed pregnancy.

What do you think of the protocols that were used? Would you recommend any other protocol given my age and high FSH factor?

Thank you for your advice,
Loanne

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 17

I am concerned your FSH is a bit high. That may explain a less than optimal response. I do not add LH to my stimulations. Since you are a poor responder, I might consider a "microdose flare" protocol, without the hCG.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?