bbt
6 Replies
kralml - August 29

I think that I am driving myself insane and some answers might prevent it. This is my second cycle on Clomid 50mg and estrace 2 mg. With this cycle I received an hcg injection because with the last cycle I ovulated later than they expected me to (The approx. size of the follicle was 2.7cm when it finally happened). The problem is is that I received the shot 5 days ago and my bbt has not shifted. I was under the impression that hcg trigger was a guarentee of ovulation. Am I wrong?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 29

Using hCG does not guarantee ovulation if you are using Clomid. We have much better products than Clomid on the market today. I have not prescribed it in over 15 years. Please see the information I have provided on our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

katiebug2007 - October 29

I am doing my first IUI cycle this month. I took 5mg of Femara on days 3-7 and did an HCG trigger shot on Friday. On Sunday morning we did the IUI. Today, my bbt dropped lower than yesterday. It appears I didn't ovulate yesterday as I was supposed to. Is this possible? I thought the HCG trigger guaranteed ovulation.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 29

An injection of hCG does not guarantee ovulation any more than the LH surge guaratees ovulation. Also BBT recordings are very crude and inaccurate. They hint at ovulation, but do not really tell you whether or not you did. For mor e information about ovulation and ovulation monitoring, please see or web site, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

katiebug2007 - October 29

Thank you. So,are BBT recordings inaccurate following an HCg trigger? Will I still see a thermal shift WHEN I ovulate?
Thanks alot.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 30

Progesterone will cause a rise of basal temperature, but you do not have to actually ovulate tyo produce progesterone. Also, timing of rise of temperature, relative to progesterone production can be variable.
Good luck.

katiebug2007 - October 30

Thank you!

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?