Clomid and repronex
1 Replies
wannababy78 - June 12

Dr. Jacobs, I had 2 unsucessful IUI's w/clomid 100mg. First cycle(with RE too) I had a u/s on CD 4 and it showed 2 follicles with 2 mm. RE said both of them could mature. I started taking clomid 100mg on CD 5-9 and I took OPK on CD 10 and it was positive. So went for u/s on CD 11 and they said it was false positive as my follicles were 16,18 and 12 and the nurse said she saw lot of fluid. so she asked me to take the trigger shot on midnight of CD 12 and had IUI on Cd 14.

With my second cycle I took clomid 100mg from CD 3-7 and had my trigger shot on CD 14 and IUI on Cd 16. I didn't get a surge at all.(usually I ovulate by my own).

Both of the cycle were BFN

This cycle I asked for Injectibles and here is my protocol.
1. take clomid 50mg from Cd 3 to 7
2. 75mu of Repronex on CD 6,8 and 10.
3. Start OPK on Cd 8.
4. u/s on Cd 11
5. Depending upon u/s, do the trigger and IUI.

How does this sound to you? I feel they don't do enough monitoring on me. What do you think? My RE wants me to continue clomid as I'm responding to it well. But I asked for Injectibles since last 2 cycles were BFN which took a hard part on me. Please give me your honest opinion.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 13

I have not prescribed Clomid in almost 15 years. It blocks estrogen effect at the cellular level and can actually impair fertility in women who are already ovulating. For more information, I invite you to see our web site, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?