Practice daily for two weeks
During this fertility full body detox period, there are certain foods you should avoid, including:
- Packaged and processed foods
- Dairy products
- Chocolate and cocoa
- Condiments (i.e. ketchup, relish, barbecue sauce, soy sauce)
- Trans Fats, such as those found in shortening, margerine, and processed oils
- Processed meats
- Salt, in excess
- Soft drinks
- Sweeteners: refined sugar/white sugar (sucrose), brown sugar, fructose, high-fructose corn syrup, honey, maple syrup
You may also experience a variety of the following symptoms during a detox; these are signs that indicate your body is ridding itself of toxins, and generally are no cause for concern. However, if they become worrisome, you should consult a physician.
- Increased sweating
- Dry mouth
- Skin spots, pimples or rashes
After a Detox Diet
After the two week period you should already notice significant changes in the way you’re feeling, including increased energy, better digestion, and overall mood improvement.
At this point, you can either continue with the diet, or you can return (though hopefully not completely) to your previous diet. In order to do that, however, you’ll need to take it slow.
Try introducing food groups individually for a couple of days, and then see how you feel. If you don’t notice much of a change, move on to the next. If, however, you notice negative side effects, you may choose to avoid this food altogether.
The most common food allergy sources are: wheat, dairy, corn, and sugar.