Do a Full Body Detox
One way to reduce the effects of these chemicals, as well as to improve your body’s ability to fight them off, is by performing a full body detox a few times a year. In this way, you can help your body in a number of ways, including improving your odds of getting pregnant.
Other symptoms that may indicate your body’s need for a detox include:
- headaches, fatigue, weakness
- muscle/joint aches and pains
- brain fog, poor concentration, irritability, depression
- sinus problems, including allergies and stuffy nose
- skin irritations such as rashes and itching
- problems with digestion
- sensitivities to chemicals, foods, drugs
How to Perform Body Detoxification
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should not perform a body detox. Always speak with a medical practitioner or naturopath before beginning any detoxification plan.
|Fertility Detox Guide for Women
- Replace processed, fatty foods with lean proteins, and eat these with every meal.
- Limit carb intake to 60 grams per day (or about 15 grams per meal and 7 grams per snack); increase if you exercise vigorously.
- Begin each day with a mug of boiled water and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Herbal teas are also recommended, particularly peppermint, thyme, and ginger.
- Replace processed oils with olive, grape, or flax-seed oil, as these have higher smoking points.
- Do not skip meals, as this can deplete your body of much-needed energy. Also avoid eating after 7pm, so your body will have plenty of opportunity to digest.
- Be sure to drink 8-10 glasses of filtered water every day.
- Take a multivitamin rich in calcium, magnesium, essential fatty acids, and vitamin C. Also look for foods rich in probiotics, such as organic yogurt.
- Do some form of moderate exercise, such as walking, for around 30 minutes each day, as sweating also helps rid the body of chemicals.
- Get a good night's sleep. Ideally, you should try to get to bed no later than 11pm, as this gives your body time to perform its detoxification functions while you sleep. Going to bed at the same time each night also helps to establish cyclical patterns that will lead to better quality sleeps, leading to greater energy during the day.