Repeat IVF
3 Replies
JamieP - July 27

If you have had one or more successful cycles of IVF does this increase your chances of coceiving (with the the same partner) with IVF?

Thanks

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 27

There is probably not an improved potential for successful second or more IVF cycles. In fact, because of aging eggs and potentisl changes in semen parameters, chances may actually decrease.
Good luck.

nareen - July 30

Hi dr. Jacobs.
Just like you to help me understand a few things if possable. I am 35 yr. old have been through alot of ivf cycle which did`nt result into pg. each time i produce between 12/ 15 eggs but always end with 1 are 2 fertilize egg. I have just finish a cycle which i produce 18 eggs on day two 13 of 18 fertilize so 4 was frozen and 9 continue to blastocysts but last one on day 3 so there was only 8 that continue to day 5. we tranfered to 8 cell and frozen the nest 6 has a test. But my concern is that the day efter my tranfered i wake up with cramps three different times in my uteris so now i am just going out of my mind i afraid something went i am so confused i just dont know what to do anymore. With your expertise what are my chance of getting pg. and what do you think causes though cramps. thanks for your reply keep up the good work
N.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 30

By 5 days after retrieval and fertilization, you should have had blastocysts to transfer. I do not know why they were only 8 cells. I am sorry, but it does not sound good.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?