IVF Transfer Question
4 Replies
intenshn - February 5

3 out of 4 of my last IVF transfers (all 4 at different IVF clinics) were done in a sterile operating room. The 4th time was in a regular out-patient room.

How important is doing the embryo transfer in a sterile environment, and if it doesn't matter, why do most clinics use an operating room?

Thank you in advance.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - February 5

The sterile environment may be less important than other enviromental considerations. We have special filtration of the air in our lab and in the room where we perform egg retrievals and transfers.
Good luck.

KristinG - February 5

I just went through my 1st IVF and the results were less than I had hoped. My husband and I have been trying for 5 years now and we have done everything from clomid to IUI's. My husband tests are off the charts but we had ICSI performed anyway because we didn't want to take any chances. And one of the blast could have resulted in a pregnancy but would have died late in the pregnancy. We only discovered this due to ICSI. My questions is does ICSI have a negative result for the others?

intenshn - February 6

[quote author=B. Jacobs, M. D. link=board=5;threadid=3712;start=0#31594 date=1170675763]
The sterile environment may be less important than other enviromental considerations. We have special filtration of the air in our lab and in the room where we perform egg retrievals and transfers.
Good luck.
[/quote]

So do you believe without the air filtration that conditions are less optimal, in your opinion?
Thank you for the prompt reply. :)

B. Jacobs, M. D. - February 7

Embryos have a much better chance of survival if all volital organic compounds are removed from the air as well as removing all microscopic particles.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?