Gonal-F and Fertinex Injections
- Remove your syringe from its package. Be sure that the needle is secure.
- Open all of the required ampules of sodium chloride by snapping the caps off between your thumb and index finger.
- Remove the cover from your needle and withdraw 1 cc of the sodium chloride solution.
- Inject this slowly into the open ampule of medication. Try not to do this too quickly, as it will cause bubbles to form.
- Place the cap back on top of the needle.
- Tap out any air bubbles inside of the syringe.
Giving Subcutaneous Injections
Administering injections may seem scary, but they will be much less painful and worrisome if you know what you are doing. After a few practice rounds, you will find it simple and easy to give yourself these injections.
- Choose a place on your body to adminster the injection. Typically, injections are given in the upper arm, thigh, or abdomen.
- Using alcohol, clean the area well. Start in the center of the injection site and move outwards.
- Allow your skin to dry.
- Remove the needle cover and make sure the needle has not become loose.
- Hold the needle like a pencil and at a 90 degree angle.
- Insert the needle quickly.
- Gently pull back on the syringe plunger, to check for blood. If there isn't any, inject all of the medication. If you do see blood, replace the needle and prepare a new injection site.
- Gently apply pressure to the inection site.
Dispose of all of your used syringes in a sturdy container, out of the reach of others. Take this container to your local pharmacy or physician when you have completed your cycle.
Be sure to change injection sites frequently, to avoid bruising and discoloration.