IVF anyone?
2699 Replies
Jules614 - April 18

Lisa - That is exciting you are carrying twins. My sister is carrying twin girls as a result of IUI's. She is almost at 32 weeks with no complications. I tried setting up a ticker. I wasn't sure exactly how to do it - but I tried. If you don't see my ticker attached to this e-mail can you give me more detailed instructions.

Reshma - Yup, the first thing to go when pregnant is your wiest. i am so glad to hear everything is going well on your end and your baby is growing strong.

I am starting to feel baby Kaitlyn moving often. She must be doing well. My MIL felt her kick last night.



Marina - April 18

hi guys,
Glad everyone is doind well! :)
About bella bands-I got 2 of them when I was Pg,they helped me a lot-up to my 4 months...I'm skiny,but my waist dissapeared quickly,so pants didn't fit since 10 weeks.I think the web. site calls the same-bellabands or something like that.You can also find them at Baby's rUs,but they are just plane and boring.
Lisa,I work with a girl who has Chrons also and she was PG 2 years ago-had a healthy baby and she was fine.


vw79girl - April 18

Marina, that is good to hear about the woman with Crohn's and having a healthy baby. My disease is pretty under control and I am only on one med. for it which doesn't pose any harm to the baby. I also have an Ileostomy bag. My doctor says I may have to have a c section but we will have to see on that. I have had the disease since I was 25 and have had 3 surgeries with switching the bag/pouch and then several hernia surgeries. I had laparoscopy to clear out the scar tissue to try and help me to get pregnant but that didn't seem to do much. Thankfully we tried the IVF.

Jules, good job! I can see your ticker. :)


Jules614 - April 18

Lisa - my MIL has crowns severely and so does her daughter - all had perfect pregnancies

vw79girl - Thanks for the ticker advice.



JasJulesMom - April 18

Reshema- So glad you are doing well. I am so happy you saw the baby moving. Every time I go to the OB I hold my breathe until I see the little flicker of the heartbeat. He said next time I will be able to hear it on the doppler. I cannot wait. I do not have anothe appt with him until May9. Seems like an eternity.

Ronda- How are you doing? Did you go to OB yet?

As far as the belly band I think it is great, but I have since moved into maternity clothes. I am a bit overweight so it is much more comfortable for me than the belly band. But for all you skinny gals, it will probably work longer. My friend used it for 5 months.


JasJulesMom - April 18

Oh by the way I agree with all of you I love the ticker. I was so happy today to see that number of days left to go below 200. It is a huge inspiration.


vw79girl - April 18

Just wanted to say...I am so glad we have this board going strong. You girls are great and I love all of the support we offer to one another. :)


p.s. Julie, thanks for that reassurance. It is good to know that there are plenty of others out there who have Crohn's and have gone on to have normal pregnancies and deliver healthy babies.


RB - April 18

Lisa, i couldn't agree with you more! I really appreciate all the words of encouragement and support - i look forward to checking this board more so than i do my email ;)

Jules - the ticker looks great and Debbie - congrats on crossing the 200 day mark.

Tomorrow i will be 10 weeks! 2 more weeks and we would have made it through the first trimester! i have never been more conscious of the passing of time!!!



RB - April 18

Hi Girls,

I came across this story and i wanted to share it with you.


The smell of rain

A cold March wind danced around the dead of night in Dallas as the doctor walked into the small hospital room of Diana Blessing. She was still groggy from surgery.

Her husband, David, held her hand as they braced themselves for the latest news.
That afternoon of March 10, 1991, complications had forced Diana, only 24-weeks pregnant, to undergo an emergency Cesarean to deliver couple's new daughter, Dana Lu Blessing.

At 12 inches long and weighing only one pound nine ounces, they already knew she was perilously premature.

Still, the doctor's soft words dropped like bombs.

"I don't think she's going to make it," he said, as kindly as he could.

"There's only a 10-percent chance she will live through the night, and even then, if by some slim chance she does make it, her future could be a very cruel one"

Numb with disbelief, David and Diana listened as the doctor described the devastating problems Dana would likely face if she survived.

She would never walk, she would never talk, she would probably be blind, and she would certainly be prone to other catastrophic conditions from cerebral palsy to complete mental retardation, and on and on.

"No! No!" was all Diana could say.

She and David, with their 5-year-old son Dustin, had long dreamed of the day they would have a daughter to become a family of four.

Now, within a matter of hours, that dream was slipping away

But as those first days passed, a new agony set in for David and Diana. Because Dana's underdeveloped nervous system was essentially 'raw', the lightest kiss or caress only intensified her discomfort, so they couldn't even cradle their tiny baby girl against their chests to offer the strength of their love.

All they could do, as Dana struggled alone beneath the ultraviolet light in the tangle of tubes and wires, was to pray that God would stay close to their precious little girl.

There was never a moment when Dana suddenly grew stronger.

But as the weeks went by, she did slowly gain an ounce of weight here and an ounce of strength there.

At last, when Dana turned two months old. her parents were able to hold her in their arms for the very first time.

And two months later, though doctors continued to gently but grimly warn that her chances of surviving, much less living any kind of normal life, were next to zero, Dana went home from the hospital, just as her mother had predicted.

Five years later, Dana was a petite but feisty young girl with glittering gray eyes and an unquenchable zest for life.

She showed no signs whatsoever of any mental or physical impairment. Simply, she was everything a little girl can be and more. But that happy ending is far from the end of her story.

One blistering afternoon in the summer of 1996 near her home in Irving, Texas, Dana was sitting in her mother's lap in the bleachers of a local ball park where her brother Dustin's baseball team was practicing.
As always, Dana was chattering nonstop with her mother and several other adults sitting nearby when she suddenly fell silent.

Hugging her arms across her chest, little Dana asked, "Do you smell that?"

Smelling the air and detecting the approach of a thunderstorm, Diana replied, "Yes, it smells like r ain."

Dana closed her eyes and again asked, "Do you smell that?"

Once again, her mother replied, "Yes, I think we're about to get wet. It smells like rain."

Still caught in the moment, Dana shook her head, patted her thin shoulders with her small hands and loudly announced,

"No, it smells like Him. It smells like God when you lay your head on His chest."

Tears blurred Diana's eyes as Dana happily hopped down to play with the other children.
Before the rains came, her daughter's words confirmed what Diana and all the members of the extended Blessing family had known, at least in their hearts, all along.

During those long days and nights of her first two months of her life, when her nerves were too sensitive for them to touch her, God was holding Dana on His chest and it is His loving scent that she remembers so well.

a great day girls!



Arabsrcool - April 18

OK Reshma, that story made my cry! Of course it doesn't take much, but I'm sitting here with tears running down my face. I'm such a dope! I totally understand about the passage of time, I can't wait to be into the 2nd tri-mester. Sounds like you are going to have to cut back your work schedule, but it will be worth it. I know it hard to figure out how its going to happen, but I am sure you will find a way.

My all day sickness is about the same. I tried the seabands, and they don't seem to help. New med from doc does about the best, but its a suppository, so that's not alot of fun (plus it puts me to sleep) I keep telling myself, its all good, it means that baby hormone is pumping strong in there.

Thanks for info on bella bands. I ordered two and can't wait until they come. Most of my maternity clothes are still too big and I have to keep pulling them up.

I agree with you girls, I get so much from chatting with all of you and feel like I know you, even through we are miles and miles from each other.

Jules, good job on the ticker....it is so cool to see the countdown!

My dd is still saying its a boy in mommy's tummy, I still think its a girl. I cannot wait to find out!!



vw79girl - April 18

Reshma, I love to check the boards numberous times during the day to see if anyone posted. I feel like we are all really getting to know one another. Beautiful story, thank you for sharing. I can't wait to be at that 12 week mark either. I am so anixous for that ultrasound on Mon. and pray that everything is still okay in there.

Ronda, my ticker should read the same as yours (9w5d) and for some reason it went ahead a day. On Sunday I should be 10 weeks. That's strange. I may have to reset it. Sorry to hear those sea bands didn't work. Hang in there.



RB - April 18


I got the email version of this story from a friend and there were pictures of tiny little Dana - so dont worry, you have company - i cried when i read it too...but it is such an inspiring story that i had to share it.

As for work, the plan is to work from home for the next two weeks which will take me to the end of the next trimester. After my next doctor's visit we will determine the next step..my boss and co-workers are all very supportive which makes it easier.

i've read that the m/s should begin to ease by week 10 but i know its different for everybody...i hope it happens for you. A friend of mine had terrible m/s - she used a lot of ginger which she said helped...you can make a tea with it and drink it hot or cold with honey and lemon...i didnt remember it before...if you try it, let me know if it helps.



lyly14 - April 18

Okay girls- quick update... I spoke to my regular RE yesterday and he told me that the real reason for the delay is that they no longer have a contract with the embryology lab and no rights to use it. He apologized and said that the negotiations were taking longer than they anticipated and that he would call me as soon as he knows something. I just wish he would have said that straight out from the beginning. Anyway, in the meantime I scheduled a consult with the new guy for May 12 th.

Marina I may be closer to your FET than I had hoped. At least this gives me time to check out my thyroid and hopefully this new guy wont want new testing and we can just get started.


RB - April 18


I cant believe they were stringing you along like that... :o

hopefully things will go smoothly with your new RE and who knows maybe it's a good sign that your consult is the day after Mothers Day.



lyly14 - April 18

Reshma- I think my RE was being strung along too! First they were told early April then late April now May. My RE apologized and even said he felt stupid because he thought it would be resolved by now and they would have a contract with the new facility. The lab is probably trying to negotiate for higher fees to push the smaller guys out and make more business for themselves. Unfortunately the new RE is the one that was stringing both of us, but he is the source and has very good success rates, so hopefully it pays off. How are you doing? The weather here has been beautiful, but I am sure it is nothing like the beautiful carribbean.


bethnyc - April 18

Hi girls.

Sorry it's been a while since my last post, but being back at the office has been crazy. So busy...but, I'm working from home today so i have some time.

It's so interesting to read all your posts and to get to know each of you.

As for me, things are ok. Getting over the BFN from last week (being busy at work helped with that). Not sure I told you guys, but that pain I had in my underarm last week caused the RE to send me for a
breast sonogram and that doctor wanted me to have an MRI as she thought she saw something. I had the test on Tuesday and thankfully all is well. It was quite stressful, but I feel really relieved.

One bit of good news, the other recipient (from the same egg donor) got a BFP last week (I don't know who she is, but the RE told me her news). That gives us hope because it means that the eggs are good quality and that's not an issue. RE said we were on the wrong side of the odds this time, but is hopeful for the FET.

Reshma - glad to hear that you are doing ok and that you can work from home. It's nice to have your co-workers support. Always makes things easier.

Lisa - good luck on Monday. I hope everything is ok and am looking forward to hearing how it goes. Stay positive.

Ronda - i'm so sorry to hear that the m/s isn't getting any better. But, it'll all be worth it - just think of what you're getting out of this.

Marina - I talked with my RE and it looks like I am on track for my FET around the time you are (around June 9th, depending on AF). I have to go have a saline sono next weekend as he wants to check everything he can before the FET. He doesn't anticipate any issues, but right now, he doesn't want to take any chances.

Lyly - I hope you have your around the same time as it would be great to go through this with the 2 of you. I'm sorry to hear that your RE was stringing you along. However, it's good that he was upfront and hopefully the new RE will be able to start you asap. I'm sure you can bring your past results with you. I was able to do that when I wanted a 2nd opinion.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.




You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Sign Up Here!

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?