IVF anyone?
2699 Replies
Jules614 - August 31

Oh My god - I am glad to hear they are OK. It is still scary having your LO's in the NICU for several weeks...

Julie

Marina - August 31

OMG-that was unexpectable! :oShe just said her due day was in November!29 weeks... :-\I hope they are ok and will make it !Did she have a c-section?
I wonder how's Jen doing,didn't hear from her for a long time... ???

Jules614 - August 31

Lyly - please give Lisa my best. I just got an e-mail from her this morning. She sent kaitlyn a gift in the mail and I sent her a pic of Kailtyn wearing one of the outifts... Do you know the weight of the babies or anything....

JamieP - August 31

Congratulations Lisa. I hope all is going well. I had a little one in NICU for 8 weeks so if you have any questions please let me know. Even though 29 weeks sounds early it is not too bad. They like you to make it until 32 weeks as that is when the baby has finished developing and basically it is just fattened up from then on so 29 weeks is not too bad. NICU is pretty scary though and the babies look so tiny. Those doctors are amazing though and truly preform miracles.

Take care of yourself and those dear wee chaps.

Jamie

Jules614 - August 31

Lisa - my friend had her little girl at almost 30 weeks - 2 pounds 12 ounces and she is my daughter's best friend today! She is as smart and healthy as they get! Best wishes!

Julie

JasJulesMom - August 31

Lisa- I hope all is doing well. I am not sure if you remember, but I told you about my friend with the twin boys. They were born at 28 weeks 5 days. 1 was 3lbs and 1 was 3lbs 2oz. They were in NICU for about 4 weeks, and they were very well taken care of, well they will be starting school Tuesday and turn 5 October 2. They are very well as I know your two beautiful boys will be. My prayers and heart are with you.

vw79girl - August 31

Girls...
WOW... talk about a Journey!!! and here I am to share it with you.
I am doing great and the boys are too. They are NICU unit and almost breathing on their own. They won't be able to come home for a while(most likely Nov.). I will be going home on Tues. or Wed.

So... here we go!
My water unexpectedly broke at 10:30 a.m. on Sat. I had contractions @ 3-4 ish. It was time...they didn't want to wait any longer.

Born at 5:33 he was 2lbs. 15 oz. and 15 1/4 inches long BENJAMIN
Born at 5:35 he was 2lbs. 4 oz. and 14 inches long PAUL

Julie should be sending you some pics!

Keep us in your prayers and I will post when I can!

love you guys!
Lisa xoxo

Jules614 - September 1

Lisa - what a story - you are in my thoughts and prayers!

vw79girl - September 2

Girls,
just a little hello to thank you for all of your prayers, good wishes and support. The boys are doing well and I will be going home tomorrow night without them. However, I will be coming for full days three days a week and half days the other days for most of this month. I will go to school in October probably and bide my time until they come home in early to mid Nov. I have started to pump milk for them and am doing fine, just tired. I love those little buggers so much! as soon as I can get some more pics to you guys I will.
I am off to pump and then go see them quick before turning in. They are both breathing on their own right now and doing well.
How do you like the new ticker??? lol
miss you all and will talk to you all more once I get home and settled.
xox

Marina - September 2

Lisa,thanks god you and boys are doing good.That was a short pregnancy!Gosh,it's so wierd go home without your babies every day.You'll have to report dayly how they doing.You did'nt mention-did you have a c-section?
How are you feeling?

JamieP - September 2

Lisa I am so pleased to hear that everything is going OK. It is a huge step forward that they are breathing on their own. What amazing little guys. The next few months with be tough on you - very tiring. The pumping thing is pretty hard. I had to get up in the night and pump as I didn't produce much milk - not much fun but totally worth it - the breast milk is so good for them. My little one started on a feed of 1 ml which is 1/5 of a teaspoon - tiny. Take care of yourself and those little ones.

I am still feeling pretty nervous about this pregnancy. I wish I could just relax and go with it but I can't. I am nearly 8 weeks and so far so good so I am trying to stay positive. I go back for another scan in one and a half weeks - I am living from one scan to the next at the moment!!!

Jamie

vw79girl - September 2

Marina, yes I did have a c section. They were both breached and needed to come out that way.

Thank you Jamie, and I too know what it is like to live from one scan to another. Praying for you girl. Hope it all goes well.

I am off to bed. I'm exhausted. talk to you guys soon

Jules614 - September 2

Lisa - I am so glad to hear your LO's are breathing on their own. It sounds like you are doing well. And hey, you don't have to deal with the last couple months of pregnancy and they get uncomfortable, especially with twins....

Jamie - I felt the same way you did about this pregnancy. I didn't even get diapers until I left the hospital in fear something was going to go wrong. I felt it was too good to be true. I couldn't stop crying for an hour after Kaitlyn came out of me - i was so touched and happy - I just can't believe I have this little miracle. You will too.

Lisa, one last question since you would know... How is the hospital food? ha ha ha

Julie

Arabsrcool - September 2

Lisa,

OMG!!!!!! I logged in to check on my girls and there you are, having your babies before me! Sounds like a scary journey, but I am so happy you and the boys are doing well. The little guys just couldn't wait to meet mom and dad!!! keep us posted. I can hope that maybe Reshema will wait until November 16 and we can have our babies together since you got to go first!! I am just SO EXCITED for you. I will keep you and the boys in my prayers! Yeah, I'll second Julie's question, how is the hosptial food? This whole thing kinda makes me wonder if I should be getting some diapers and stuff around. Guess it just goes to show you, you never know for sure when your baby is going to come!

Jaime,

hurray!! a heartbeat is a great sign!

Tanya,

I am so sorry about your BFN. I will keep my fingers crossed that your babies on ice will be the "ones".

Ronda

Arabsrcool - September 2

Just got my results from glucose screening. I PASSED!!!!. I am so relived.

Ronda

RB - September 2

Hi Girls!!!!! Gosh!!! It's been soooooo long since i posted....so much to catch up on!!!!

My internet was down, then my computer crashed thanks to a virus and i only got back my laptop today! ....anyway i kept busy reading everything i could get my hands on to help me prepare for Zara's arrival.

First of all....Julie...CONGRATS!!!! I can't wait (well i could for a few more weeks) to join you!!! I havent checked my email yet so i havent seen her pics yet but i hear she is adorable! from what i;'ve been reading, sleepless nights and sore boobs are all part of the territory - what fun to look forward to :)

Lisa!!!! You jumped the gun!!! or rather your two little boys did!!! :) :) That must have been some date night kiddo!!!! Anyway, i am so glad that you and the boys are ok. How long will they have to stay in the hospital??? My thougts and prayers are with you all and maybe we'll be able to chat again soon...i have to reinstall MSN messenger but hopefully i'll be able to get to it this evening.

Ronda, Debbie, Jen....how are you girls doing? Ronda...so far my due date is Nov 12th but we are planning to do a C-section so the big day may actually be around Oct 30-Nov 02...we havent set a date yet. I actually started packing my bags for the hospital though...just in case...this is even before i found out about Lisa and now i am convinced i better be prepared!!!

Lyly - my heart aches for you hon. I so hoped that it would work out this time.

Marina - you had me cracking up while i read some of yur recent posts! i feel your frustration my friend but i think its great you can have a sense of humor about it all. I hope something works out for you.

Tanya - i'm so sorry about your bfn but hang in there and don't give up!

Jaime - i'm so happy for you...believe me, i know about living from scan to scan and appt to appt. My hcg levels were low at first as well and i was terrified of a mc...i think i only started realxing and enjoying my pregnancy from around the middle of my 2nd trimester. Stay positive and talk to you little one. I also prayed alot and still do so that the rest of this journey will bring my little girl safely to me.

If i left anyone out, i'm sorry...i will make it up another time.

lots of love to all of you...i missed you girls a whole bunch!!!

Reshma

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?