IVF anyone?
2699 Replies
Jules614 - August 29

Tanya - Even when I got my period, my place made me come in and take my beta. I can't tell you how many times I had to go in and take that test knowing for a fact it was negative. it siucks.

Julie

Arabsrcool - August 29

Tanya,

don't give up until the beta comes back. Even those digital tests are not as sensitive as blood! I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Jaime,

That sucks you didn't get your scan. The not knowing is terrible. I will keep my fingers crossed for you too!

Marina,

Yeah, sperm in the face would be funny, but then you would just have to reschedule the damn test anyway b/c the sperm was wasted. I totally understand about a "normal sex life". Normal, whats that???? This whole infertility journey really messes with what should come natural, when both people are interested.....not on a time schedule. I hope you gets some answers.

lyly,

hang in there...hopefully your RE has some suggestions that will be better than "we don't know why".

Ronda

Tanya1231 - August 29

It's official, my beta was negative. I have three frozen embies left that we will transfer, I just do not know when. I need to recollect myself.

JasJulesMom - August 29

Sorry to hear about BFN Tanya. I hope your journey continues and you get what you want. When do you think you will start process again.

Marina - August 29

Oh,shit!Tanya,I'm so sorry!I went to check out that site you mention about embryo adoption,it seems you are in the right dirrection,maybe not form the first time and even maybe not with the same donors,but realisticly it can happen.I know ,it adds up to the financial stress,even it's not as expancive as the fresh cycle.We are in the same situation.Gosh,I feel so sorry for you!

Marina - August 29

Jamie-hold on,hon.I know you probably want to shoot everyone in that hospital...
Ronda,no kidding,I was just pissed,called the company,told them about this!Add to this more-that girl-courier- was maybe 2 years older then my son,chewing gum,telling me-no worries-like it's not a big deal,PREGNANT!!!(slap in a face!)-GRRRRRR!

vw79girl - August 29

Tanya, I am so sorry to hear about your BFN. At least you have some left over. I only had left overs once. The other times I had nothing. Don't give up hope. It took us four cycles and three/four IUI's before be beccame pregnant and I am going on 38 years old. I hear ya on having to have the damn beta anyway. I hated going in to have that when I KNEW I wasn't pregnant. :(

Debbie, I had my diabetes test today so I should know by Tues. if it was okay. How are you feeling?

I had an ultrasound today. I am 28w 5d
I weighed in at 154 lbs. ouch lol I have gained 31 lbs. since we started the ivf and @40 since Jan. before stims. The doctor said my weight is fine and he sees no reason why I shouldn't keep on eating as I have been.(thank god! haha)
My blood pressure and iron were both good.
The babies were moving quite a bit and they are both breached now. We saw their little heads facing one another. The tech said they probably want to keep one another company lol.
Twin 1(Ben) is weighing in at 2.7lbs and had a 160HB
Twin2(Paul) is weighing in at 2.5lbs and had a HB of 154
Ben will be the taller of the two most likely according to the tech.
All of their organs looked good and it seems they are sharing the space in there pretty equally. We saw them kicking and hitting one another, it was really funny. Got a lot of pics, some better than others. Ben gave us the middle finger and then shortly after did the "i love you" sign. I posted them on our website www.easysite.com/fedorBOYS. The ones of the faces aren't that clear but better than nothing. She tried to do a 3D but had trouble with it due to where their hands and the cord were. My OB has given us a date of Nov. 3 for the C sect. (pendng no preterm labor but he seems confident that I am doing well and will continue to do so).
I am off to nap and put my feet up for a few hours. Hubby and I are having a date night :) I am looking forward to Espinaca dip and chips and Buffalo tenders. mmmmmm

Jules614 - August 30

Lisa - glad the u/s went well. Enjoy your date night - once your boys are born those will be non existant 8)

Julie

JamieP - August 30

Tanya I am so sorry to hear about your negative Beta. It always feels like such a let down doesn't it. It is great you still have another few on ice so at least you have a second chance.

I went for my ultrasound today and saw a heart beat (146 bpm) so that was exciting. Measuring about 6w 4d and according to me I am 7w 2d but they say that is fine - it probably just implanted late. Am feeling excited but nervous at the same time. I have read on the internet that when you have low hCG numbers your chances of miscarriage are higher (than when you have had higher hCG numbers) even once you have seen the heartbeat.

Jamie

Jules614 - August 30

Jamie - I measured 5 days behind too for my first two appointments. You will eventually catch up. I did by my third appointment.

Julie

JamieP - August 30

Thanks Julie. I hope I am going to mirror your pregnancy all the way through!

Jamie

lyly14 - August 30

Hi girls I just wanted to let you know that Lisa is in the hospital. Her water broke this morning but she is not having any contractions or any signs of labor. They are going to keep her in the hospital and try to hold off delivering the boys until about 34 weeks. She is ok and the boys are doing fine. Of course she was able to bring all the necessities with her (cel phone, lap top , make up etc). She is in a room by herself and even has a fridge. She said she can pretty much eat whenever she wants. Which is great since we all know how much Lisa loves to eat! lol Oh yeah she also said they have someone that comes in to do manincures and stuff and that she can bring in her cat as long as he is up to date on shots and healthy. Wait, did I say she was in the hospital? or a vacation? But seriously, it sucks to have to be in the hospital that long but the longer the boys stay in the better. She will try to get on later to post but I wanted to let you all know what was going on.

Jules614 - August 30

Lyly - thanks for the news...

Lisa - we are praying for you!

bdantonio - August 31

so she will be in hospital for 4weeks if they can hold her off?

lyly14 - August 31

Update- I guess they could not keep the babies in any longer. Lisa text me at 7:52 pm that the boys were born and ok. That is the only info I have right now. If I hear anything else. I will post.

Beth I guess she will not be in the hospital that long after all. She said the babies are ok but that is all I know right now. I pray the boys are healthy and strong!

Jules614 - August 31

Oh My god - I am glad to hear they are OK. It is still scary having your LO's in the NICU for several weeks...

Julie

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?