IVF anyone?
2699 Replies
Jules614 - August 6

Awesome LyLy!!!

Julie

Marina - August 6

Lyly,they do 3 day transfer with you?I wonder why.Whats your RE explanation on this?If I had 3 day transfer,we wouldn't know which embies to put in,they all looked almost the same on day 3,but only 4 made it to day 5.I know different clinics do different ,but how yours explain why they prefer to do day 3 instead day 5?Why they don't try to grow them to blasts?

Marina - August 6

Debbie,look at the bright side-at least it's temporary a nd will pass after the baby born.How it affects the baby?Sorry,I don't know much about it.

Jules614 - August 6

Lyly - I had a three day transfer as well. My place does not do 5 day transfers at all.

Julie

lyly14 - August 7

Marina- My clinic does not do blasts because they feel that embryos that may go on to be a pregnancy often do not make it to the blast stage in the lab. They will not do blast transfers because they don't like to chance having nothing to put back in and have high pg rates with their 3 day transfers.

Marina - August 7

Well,whatever they do-GOOD LUCK on FRiday!

lyly14 - August 7

Thanks Marina! I go in at 11:45 am. When is your beta? Mine is Aug 22nd.

Marina - August 7

Tuesday,August 12,but I think I'll do EPT on Sunday.I got one when I was in Europe-the very sencetive one that starts at 10(they claim for IVF only).So,will see.So far I feel nothing.

Jules614 - August 7

Good luck Marina and Lyly! How esciting. I am praying for lots of big fat positives!!!!!

Julie

JasJulesMom - August 7

Hi Ladies- Back fom OB and dietician appointments. The hour long session with dietician was very interesting and I learned alot. She gave me three days to try and level my glucose number with a change in diet. If after three full days my numbers are still high I will start insulin for the rest of the pregnancy.

As far as OB, I gained only 2 lbs..WOOHOO. The baby's heartrate was 150 and all else looks well. He prescribed iron pills for the anemia. He scheduled me for an ultrasound at 31 weeks to check baby's size since that is a concern with GD, then I will probably go again at 35 and 37 weeks, still plan to deliver the week of Oct 20 unless labor start before.

Hope everyone else is well!

Jules614 - August 7

JasJulesMom - I am glad to hear both your appointments went well.

Quick update - I went for my 38 week appointment (will be 38 weeks tomorrow) It went well. My blood pressure was 116/80, I was measuring at 38 weeks, Kaitlyn's heart rate was 143 – 148 and I lost 1 ½ pounds. I am now dilated 1 cm and about 30% effaced. Kaitlyn's head is down, but she is still somewhat high. They are estimating I will probably deliver right around my due date - if not, they induce at 41 weeks give or take.

Julie

JasJulesMom - August 7

Julie- Great news! When is your actual due date?

Jules614 - August 7

JasJulesMom - My due date is August 22nd.

Julie

JasJulesMom - August 7

Lyly- Any news on tomorrow yet?

Marina - August 7

Good news Jules!
Debbie go on that diet and see if it makes a difference-I hope for that!

Jules614 - August 7

Thanks Marina!

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?