IVF anyone?
2699 Replies
Jules614 - July 16

Geeze - all you people going in pools and to the beach! I am sooooo jealous!

Julie

Arabsrcool - July 16

Julie,

I'm with you...the only pool we have is the kiddie type, which I have been sitting in with my dd.

Beth,

one more day. I will be thinking about you!

Ronda

Jules614 - July 16

Ronda -
How are you holding up these days?

How is everyone handling the heat?

Julie

jenfrancis - July 16

Heat - Oh, I stay in the house!! I avoid it. No pool here either! I am so jealous to see the pool talk as well! hhaahaha. :)

Jules614 - July 16

My bro in law has a pool and we are going there Saturday! yippee.....

Julie

lyly14 - July 16

Hey girls for those of you who have the messenger live check out my spaces page I posted a new album of pics of my little boy Pudge!

Hope everyone is doing well! Talk to you more later.

bethnyc - July 17

hi girls. A pool sounds so nice right now. It's really hot here, but the doctor told me to stay out of the sun after I had shingles -- and they said the estrogen isn't good either. However, I hope to get to the beach this weekend - even if I have to sit under an umbrella all day.

Went to work today - wanted to work from home this week, but I needed to be there. It was a long day and I'm so tired. I'm almost ready for bed and it's only 8pm.

One more day til my beta (somone has to tell me why they call it that)-- can't believe it's almost here. I'm nervous, but trying not to think about it. Haven't been sleeping well at all - think dh hit another nerve last night with the progesterone shot. But, it's ok and will be worth it. I have no apetite - did you guys feel this way (Lisa, I know you didn't!). I'm wondering if this is a symptom.

Hope you guys are all doing well.

Beth

Jules614 - July 17

Beth - Is your beta Thursday or Friday again? I never lacked an appetite. That is because I am a fat f**k! ha ha ha...

Julie

bethnyc - July 17

Julie.

My beta (please let me know why they call it this) is tomorrow.

Beth

Jules614 - July 17

Beth

No idea why they call it that.

Julie

vw79girl - July 17

Beth. You aren't going to believe this but I was actually without appetite for that entire week leading up to my beta and throughout that entire week. I felt extreme nausea and nothing appealed to me. I bought an iced coffee from Dunkin's that a.m. before my beta and ended up dumping it and couldn't even drink it. I hope hope hope for yours to be positive tomorrow. I will say another prayer for you tonight!!! :)
I am guessing Beta is just the same as the HCG found when you are pregnant. The level of it.
Beta HCG "the pregnancy hormone" is produced by the cells of the implanting egg and can be produced in the absence of an embryo. Beta hCG can be detected in maternal plasma or urine by 8 to 9 days after ovulation. The chart to the right illustrates the normal rise and fall of hCG levels throughout pregnancy. hCG reaches a peak level at about 8 to 10 weeks and then declines for the remainder of the pregnancy

OMG Lyl, that Pudge is a little cutie pie!

As for me... I had a flatbread ham & swiss for lunch and a yummy iced coffee and layed on a float all day long. I feel so relaxed and sunkissed tonight.

watching the Bucket List

lyly14 - July 17

Beth- Just so you know there are 2 hcg tests that can be done to test for pregnancy. Qualitative or quantitative. Qualitative just looks to see if the hcg (which is exactly as Lisa described) is in the blood in any amount. It just gives you a yes or no. Quantitative looks at how much of the hormone is present. This is called the beta hcg. When they say "beta" it just means they are looking at the test that gives you the quantity of hormone in the blood not just that there is hcg in the blood. Good luck tomorrow. I will be at splish splash water park again tomorrow but I will be sure to check in when I get home. I hope you get good news. Lots of baby dust to you.

bethnyc - July 17

Lisa - you're right, I never would have believed that. So, perhaps this is good news then. I guess I"ll know in a matter of hours. And, thanks for the explanation of beta -- I saw it written here so many times, but never knew what it actually meant.

Going to bed -- hoping I can get some sleep tonight.

I'll post tomorrow once I have an answer.

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Beth

Jules614 - July 17

Good luck Beth - fingers crossed!!!!!

thinking happy thoughts!

Julie

jenfrancis - July 17

;)God blessyou beth on your important day!
Prayers for you!

Pudge is super cute Lyly! You have your hands full with him. Bet your daughter loves him!

I went to the mall yesterday and ate long john silvers, the platter was huge, for only $5.22! 3 huge pieces of fish, two hush puppies, fries and coleslaw! I ate a few fries and a piece of fish and was full. I eat small portions lately. not sure why. But my eyes are ALWAYS bigger than my stomach.

Julie - you are not a fat f*&*%!! That was funny tho! I laughed hard!

JasJulesMom - July 17

Thinking of you Beth. Hope you are going to tell us BFP today!!!

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?