Could PCOS be possible..
4 Replies
SamanthaS - May 10

I know I know Im 18, I should try for a few years before AI get worried but I am concerned. For the last two years I have had sever abdominal pain and pain that felt like it was in my butt... Followed by urinary tract infection symptoms(massive UTI like pain but negative urine culture) so finally my doc sent me to get an u/s and they found a cyst on my ovary. That doctor was extremely rude and told me to take OTC Ibuprofen and go on.. since then I had the same pains. It has decreased some. I still have achy (a lot of the time) ovaries, and have never really had a normal period.. (maybe two months in a row on BC).. Gross as it is I have a good amount of body hair.. (LOL my 4 yo nephew told me the other day that I had a mustache) especially on my back and stomach (its light but theres a lot).. I have tags on my underarms... and now Im having irregular periods again!! The doctors seem to ignore me (all three that I have had) and blame it on just cysts or hormonal imbalances... Ive been treated for UTI's i didnt have almost 5 times, for pelvic inflamatory disease, jsut in case.. and who knows what else.. I dont know if I should let nature decide or if I should call up my doctor and yell.. LIKE ALL OF US>> I JUST WANT A BABY!!!


snindy - May 11

Sounds like signs of PCOS. I would get a blood test to find out for sure. If the doctor is still being rude, I would get a second opionion.

Good Luck!


WantsBaby2 - May 12

I am so sorry your doctors are being so rude to you. I would find a doctor that is willing to work with you. There are a lot of good doctors out there. It's just a matter of finding one who is going to be sensitive to your needs. Is this your RE or a ob/gyn? I would ask around, usually friends or co workers have already found a really great doctor and wouldn't mind recommending them to you. There is no reason to be treated with indifference. Many times women have a sixth sense about what is going on with their bodies. I would definitely find another doctor. Good luck and keep us posted.



tiggerpounce418 - May 12


It definetly sounds like PCOS to me. I recommend finding a RE who specializes in PCOS. You're doctor is no help to you, if you are not comfortable with him & he is rude, and just sends you for otc ibuprofin. Find a specialist who is willing to work with you on both getting pregnant, and controlling PCOS. I did just that, and have my appt June 10th. Good luck!


Debie - May 19

So very sorry you are having such pain and a doctor who isn't helping. Like others have said, find yourself a person who will treat you the way you feel you deserve. You donn't have to keep spending your money where you are not getting any value for it. Good luck in your search for a new doctor.



You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Sign Up Here!

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?