When to test for blocked tubes and endo
2 Replies
alison29 - January 17

Hi Doctor,
We have been ttc for 2 years I seem to ovulate regularily but late in the cycle. I have had two months on clomid and I am currently on my third cycle of Femara. I am going to see a new doc a RE. I was wondering at what point should a patient suggest/ ask to be tested for endo or blocked tubes. I have painful periods ie three advil and a heating pad keeps me out of the fetal position never had a std that i know of that infected tubes. I have read about so many women that have gone through several iuis and even IVF before testing and finding blocked tubes or endo. HELP! I want to know how to approach my new doc. THANKS I have found your other posts very informative as well :)

B. Jacobs, M. D. - January 17

One of the first tests I perform in evaluating an infertile couple is a hysterosalpingogrm to evaluate the uterine cavity and fallpian tubes. If you are haveing that much menstrual pain, it is apprpriate to evaluate you for endometriosis and treat it, if it is present. For more information, I invite you to see our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

alison29 - January 18

Thank you Dr. Jacobs this has put my mind to rest as to what the next step should be. I will post what happens here so that others can learn from my experience.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?