What is ovulation?
1 Replies
Carol66 - September 25

Hopefully not as daft a question as it sounds!

When I had cycle monitoring we could always see a dominant follie growing in text book fashion. My lining would thicken nicely. I would always get the required blue lines usually aound day 14 (I’m a regular day 28/29 girl) the follicle would then appear to have collapsed a day or so later suggesting ovulation. But then always on my day 21 blood test my progesterone levels were never high enough and so was then told that I hadn’t actually ovulated and all the other signs were to be ignored as the progesterone level was the key one.

I am about to undergo a FET and am unsure whether to do natural or medicated. I think I would rather do natural because I always get cysts when I am down regging – which incidentally is consistent with a study I have found on the net which suggests that women with progesterone levels of less than 5 on day 21 are more likely to develop cysts when taking buserelin. However I don’t know if I am suitable for natural cause of the ovulation question

Hope you can shed some light

Thanks

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 26

I do not perform "natural cycle" FET's. WE can plan our transfers and have more reliable preparation of the endometrium.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?