Walter Reed
3 Replies
sblanton2 - May 22

My Husband and I have been referred to Walter Reed for in vitro with ICSI, my husband has obstructive azoospermia. On every website I have been on to check clinics statistics Walter reed is not on there. The only place I can get info is their website, is there any way I can get information to make an informed decision about whether or not we should try their clinic? I know it is drastically reduced prices and they say they have about a 50% or higher success rate but I do not know anyone who has used them, have you heard about their program?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 23

There are 3 sources to check for the data. The Society for Reproductive Technologies has been reporting to the Communicable Disease Center, and the results have been published by Resolve.
By the way, if your husband's obstructive azoospermia is on a congenital basis, he has genes for cystic fibrosis. You both need to be checked for carrier status for the disease.
Good luck.

sblanton2 - May 23

Thank you for the advice but his is not congenital, basically his urologist said it was due to his lifestyle and things he has put his body through while doing military training. The only thing I have been able to find out about Walter Reed's program is that several doctor's seem to do a rotation there prior to setting up there own practice. I just want to make sure we are going to the right place for us and not just were it is cheapest, any signs to look for?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 23

I really do not have any further information for you.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?