valium 5 mg
11 Replies
Christie - December 11

Dr Jacobs,

I have taken 5 mg valium to relax my uterus and also my emotions. I have been through in the last two months and I have been extremely uptight. My endometrium was staying at 7mm.

Since I have taken the valium, no more than 10 mg in 24 hr. period and only for one week, my endometruim lining has improved, as, have my nerves and I sleep better. I guess I am more relaxed. My last dose was today, Sunday.

It is possible that my donor eggs will be transfered Monday, tomorrow, or as late as Wednesday this week.

Will the valium have a negative effect on my getting pregnant or will it harm the embryos?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - December 11

I am not aware of any data indicating that Valium relaxes the uterus. I have no idea what your physician plans, and cannot tell you when he/she plqns embryo transfer. he endometrium does hve to be at least 8 mm thick.
Good luck.

Christie - December 11

Dr Jacobs,

My question is:

Will the valium have a negative effect on my getting pregnant or will it harm the embryos?

In Jacksonville FL., the docs gave 10 mg valium the day of transfer. They said it relaxes the uterus to min. any possible contractions when the cather goes into the uterus .

I know when the eggs will be transfered. It will be Monday, no later than Wednesday of this week. I did not ask you when they would be transfered. I realize you do know this information.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - December 11

I have not seen any data regarding the use of Valium with IVF.
Good luck.

Christie - December 11

Dr Jacobs,

Forget valium with IVF...that is not the question.

Question:

How bad is valium for a fetus. will it hurt embryos even if a natural pregnancy occurred,

would a small amount of valium immediately prior to conception be a negative effect actually getting pregnant?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - December 12

I am not aware of Valium producing fetal abnormalities, but since I do not prescribe the drug, I cannot provide a satisfactory answer, without research. I assume your physician has already done that.
Good luck.

Christie - December 12

Thank you.

I have spoken to my doctor.

I just want your expert, medical OPINION.

You have studied meds, and with your credentials, I thought a second opinion would be useful. It is only an opinion that I seek, not advise ro consultation, as, I am not your patient, I do not expect you to advise me or rx me.

I am asking you because you are the Doctor on the forum. I must say, however, that I think you are afraid to answer/ give only an opinion on most of the questions for legal purposes. However, you are the expert and we are just trying , based on additional information, to make better decisions for ourselves. we are not asking you to make decisions for us.

All due respect.

Barrry Jacobs, M> D. - December 12

One cannot have a valid opinion without information. In Texas, it is contrary to state board regulations to give medical advice without evaluating a patient. I do not know where you live, but, unless yo live in Texas, I am not licensed to practice in your state.

Christie - December 12

I am not asking you to practice , as, I have clearly stated in my previous posts to you.

I will not talk to you again.

LucyLu - December 12

Christie, you might try Dr. Smith. He is an embryologist, but much more helpful about the IVF questions that I asked.

Christine - December 14

what questions have you asked??

If you cannot give a more expert opinion (not legal info or medical advise (especially without the cash for consult) or to practice) to all of us layman folk, then why are you on the board.

Good day and so long.

We shall and should never speak again.

Christine - December 14

LucyLu

I am sorry,

I thought this came from Dr Jacobs. I am completely frustrated with him.

I like Dr Smith very much and he has always been able to help me see a better side so I can make better decisions for myself.

Again, sorry for the post It was not directed to you.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?