Uterine cavavity narrow
1 Replies
brenda - May 4

Hi
I developed Ashermans syndrome 7 years ago, after a myomectomy surgery was performed. The uterine cavavity was entered and it was a complication from the surgery.
There was an HSG performed 2 months later and the outline of the uterus was abnormal. An hysteroscopy was performed to determine the uterine cavavity and unfortunately, I was on Lupron prior to the surgery.

I have consulted with Dr. Charles March, from the California Fertility partners and he said many things happened in two surgeries after the original myomectomy, that caused further scarring to occur.

the first surgery after myomectomy, Lupron 1 month prior to the surger was administered and per Dr. March he stated that it made the uterus atrophy, which meant the uterus had no estrogen going to it.I had a laparoscopy/hysteroscopy to see if there were any fibroids. Dr. March also stated that a d&C was performed.
can you tell me why this was bad with the lupron and the d&C. He said there was basically no estrogen to rebuild the lining at a crucial time that it would need lining.
can you explain why that was crucial.
thanks
brenda

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 4

Dr, Marsh obviously knows more about your medical history than I do, but I think what he told you is probably accurate. Estrogen causes the endometrium to grow. Without growth of endometrium over the raw surface of uterine muscle, if 2 raw surfaces are in contact, they will stick together and scar, adherent to each other.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?