Using meds last minute
1 Replies
doglover - June 13

Hi there
I would appreciate your opinion on the following situation. My doctor wanted to try a natural cycle this month. As of day 10, I had developed two follicles that measured 15 and 16, and my lining was 8mm. My estradiol levels had been increasing appropriately and then sharply decreased (as they have done several other times). Today (Day 11) my follicles were a 13.6 and 16, my lining was 6mm, and my estradiol level was only 120. I have been instructed to start Bravelle at 150 units for the next 2 days with the expectation that we will trigger with hCG on Friday evening. I simply wanted to know if this last minute protocol is capable of righting the situation by the time of ovulation. I don't want to use meds if there is a high likelihood my eggs will be of poor maturation anyway. I am okay with taking the meds if there is a good chance that I can "catch up". I do respond well to the meds, but I feel this is too last minute to result in anything of quality. Thanks for your input! Lindsay

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 14

I have not seen this "last minute protocol" described in the professional loiterature. You already have the follicle developement you can expect for ovulation, this cycle. That was determined before cycle day 5.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?