undecided
1 Replies
ncmamato3 - June 11

:P Hello, I am new to the boards and unsure as to where to post this question. I appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

I am trying to get the most information possible as to whether or not to persue getting my tubal ligation reversed or to have IVF.

My hubby and I have three daughters via c-section (unassisted in concieving) and during the last had my tubes tied because the surgeon and dr. suggested I not have any more children because of adhesions, vericose veins in my uterus and 3 previous miscarriages and 1 ectopic.

We did go ahead with the tubal ligation but would now like to consider having more children.

Without a detailed medical history, what would be recommended? Having my tubes reconnected or persuing IVF? I'm 25, my hubby is 30. We're both healthy and I am losing weight so that I am at a healthier weight overall. (I was 410, now 240ish)
I would appreciate any advice or being pointed in the right direction.

Thank you.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 11

Tubal reverrsaal is not cost effective, today. To do it right is a major operation, which will probably cost $18,000 to $20,000, and you will have to be off work for 6 to 8 weeks after surgery. I do not advise a laparoscopic procedure. Even after tubal reversal, you have damaged tubes, and are at increased risk for tubal pregnancy. IVF will cost $10,000 to $12,000, and you will only miss 2 to 3 days of work. Also, there is no increased risk of tubal pregnancy. To me, there is no question. I stopped doing tubal reversals about 15 years ago. It is not in the best interest of my patients.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?