Timing of IUI
3 Replies
gmctrek - September 3

Hi,

CD 5 thru CD 9 - Clomid 150mg

CD 14 - 4 follies; sizes 16, 19, 20, 21. HCG shot in the doctor's office at 8am.
CD 15 - Pain for 4 hours (6am to 10am). I'm guessing ovulation pain.
CD 16 - IUI at 11am.

Was my IUI too late? Is it possible that it was in time?

What is the best time for an IUI after a HCG shot?

Thanks

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 3

Your pain may or may not have bee ovulation. Clomid commonly causes cyst formation, and that may have been what you felt. I do not have a good criterion for timing hCG in a Clomid cycle. I do not do it. We found adding hCG did not significantly improve pregnancy rates with Clomid. In fact, in our hands, Clomid pregnancy rates were so poor relative to other treatment protocols, I have not prescribed Clomid in almost 15 years. For more information, I invite you to see our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

one - September 4

how about using femara as a substitute for clomid?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 5

Using Femara for ovulation induction has not been approved by the FDA. It does work rather well, but an investigator in Canada raised the spectre of possible risk of birth defects. I have seen no evidence to indicate that it is an issue, but the manufacturer has notified us that if we use Femara for ovulation induction, and there is a problem, we are on our own. It does produce a degre of concern, when it comes to prescribing.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?