tear nerxt to placenta
1 Replies
wannabemom - September 18

Its been along time since I've written anything or asked for advice. I figured that all is ok. I got apositive result in my blood work and I am now 11 weeks pregnant. the problem I have been having is that I have a tear next to the placenta. I have been bleeding on and off again since the beginning. I have had multiple ultrasounds and they say all looks fine, but with my history of miscarriages there is always that thought in the back of my head. When can I expect this to stop and should I stay worried? The fertility clinic has "released" me to my own OBGYN. I have mixed emotions on this. Please let me know what questions I should be asking or should I just let my body do what it needs to do. Should I be nervous about losing this baby? Thank you.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 18

There is really nothing to be done except to wait. I know that is extremely difficult, but there are not medical interventions to improve the condition. I have no way of knowing how long there will be bleeding, but as long as there is fetal heart beat, and the feta pole is growing at the correct rate, you are probably OK.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?