Stimming too Fast
3 Replies
Lisa B - May 14

I'm a bit concerned I'm stimming too fast. I just started stims last Sunday night and it was a big dosage so they cut me back 2 days later and less than 1 week after starting stims, 5 days, I am giving myself an HCG shot tonight. Dr said something about stimming very fast but is this a concern? I have 21 follicles and most will be mature for retrieval. Will my eggs be bad or damaged from stimming too fast?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 14

We usually start our IVF stimulations on the last day of a pack of birth control pills, and call it "cycle day 3". We usually do egg retrievals on or about "cycle 12". We find that, using our protocols, if estrogen levels rise too fast and or follicles grow too rapidly, we tend to get eggs which are less mature, or the is an out of phase maturation of the egg nucleus with the cytoplasm. The with this problem do not fertilize as well or produce as good embryos. Please note, I stated that these are our findings with the protocols I use.
Good luck.

Lisa B - May 14

I started bcp's on cd 6 and then lurpon after 2.5 weeks of bcps, 3 days after stopping them. Then 2 nights later started stims. They started me off at 300 follistim and 75 iu repronex and after 2 nights my E2 level was over 500. They decreased me to 150 and 75 and my E2 has continued to rise. Does that mean this entire cycle is a waste and I won't have any good eggs?

el - May 14

I stimmed at the same seed in 2003 and have a beautiful baby girl. I wouldn't be too concerned since everyone reacts different to drugs. I am working on #2 now and they have changed my stims somewhat (added repronex) but I am just starting today so I can't let you know the results yet.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?