Still Pregnant???
1 Replies
Tiffany F - October 6

Dr Jacobs,

My last normal period was July 1st, I took a test and found out I was pregnant, on August 18th I started bleeding, I knew I was having a miscarriage.

This is now my 11th miscarriage, I bled this time like never before, passing huge clots, after every miscarriage I bled for 7-9 days like a very heavy period, this time I bled for weeks, even today when I wipe it could be pink or brown this has never happened!

I went to see an R.E yesterday and he did a pap and said I was still spotting, so they did some blood work, the nurse just called and said your still pregnant, I was in a state of shock, she said my beta is 28!

Now that's crazy I have to go back in Monday for another Beta, what could this be?

My husband and I have been using condoms and using the pull out method, since I don't want to get pregnant until we can finally get down to the bottom of whats going on, do you have any idea what is happening to me?

Did I not completly pass everything? Could I have gottten pregnant again? We had sex on September 23rd and September 27th? I don't know what's going on with my body! usually by now my beta would be back down to normal!

Any advice would be so helpful as always....Thanks Dr Jacobs ???

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 7

I am sorrry for your loss. Although you may have become pregnant again, I think there is a greater possibility you still have some placenta left. You will probably need a D&C. After the current issue is resolved, you deserve an evaluation for recurrent pregnancy loss.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?