Slow rising hcg???
3 Replies
shepgal - April 4

I went in on Monday for my first set of numbers. I have had two miscarriages since July so they are watching me closely. My first set at 16dpo was 237, on Wed at 18dpo my numbers were 327. The nurse is saying that these two blood draws were sent to two different labs so they are checking my numbers again on Friday, is there any truth to her stating that two different labs could come up with different numbers? And should I worry about my numbers? I am on prometrium 100mg capsules, inserted vaginally twice a day. They did bloodwork after my 2nd miscarriage and did not find anything wrong there. When I saw my first set of numbers I thought that they were high for 16dpo, but then the 18 came back and I was dissapointed.
Thanks for any help,
Amy S. ::)

B. Jacobs, M. D. - April 4

There is more than 1 manufacturer of hCG assays and the machines that run the tests. It is possible that the numbers could be different in different labs. That is why it is important to run all the assays in the same lab, so we are not trying to compare apples to oranges.
Good luck.

shepgal - April 5

Hi I got my labs back today and the numbers went to 362 from 327. I know this is not good. Is there still a chance for a viable pregnancy. After 2 miscarriages I dont want to go through another. They have me going in for more bloodwork on Monday.
Thanks,
Amy

B. Jacobs, M. D. - April 5

I am sorry. A falling hCG implies that the pregnancy is not good. At this time, it might be reasonable to start an evaluation to try to determine a cause for recurrent pregnancy loss. For more information, please read the information on our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?