slow rising HCG
4 Replies
Ladybug - March 19

Dr Jacobs,

I have seen other post where you have said that the HCG should at least double every 48 hours.....

My first HCG was 64 and my second HCG 48 hours later was 95. I was told by my RE that this was good and that there is no cause for concern. They are going to do another HCG in 48 more hours.

Could you please help me out.....everyone says something different. Perhaps there is not just one answer?

Should I be worried with these numbers or do I still have hope???

Thank you for your time,
Tracy

lenlance - March 19

Is there a risk of taking fertility meds like follistim./gonal-f for consecutive months if no cycts develop during the cycle when doing iui? reason am asking is i had a failed injectable cycle and wondering whether i should take a break or try again.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 19

There is no medical reason to advise your taking a break, if you do not have residual cysts. I do have patients who feel they need to take a break.
Good luck.

Ladybug - March 20

Dr. Jacobs,

did you see my post before lenlance posted??? Thank you for your time!

Tracy

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 20

If you have had ovarian stimulation or Ivf, it is possible for more tha 1 pregnancy to start, and then drop out. You will see a rise ofhCG, without doubling in 48 hours, It will double in the next 48 hours if there is still a viable pregnancy,even if you lost 1 of 2.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?