shedding too much lining?
1 Replies
bootsiebuttons - March 27

hey all, i'm new here! My friend suggested I get onto message boards for some support.

my story in short is that i have been TTC for 2 years, and in October we were officially confirmed as "Unexplained Infertility". Argh! Anyways, in the last 6 months, I have experience heavy spotting (enough to warrant pantyliners for sure)during ovulation.
I saw my doctor yesterday, and ordered a Pelvic U/S to rule out the possibility of fibroids. But, she said, if I am shedding too much of my lining during ovulation - I could be literally shedding any egg that is trying to implant during this time period.
My question is this - has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone taken any fertility drugs to remedy this problem, and if so, what were they? I may visit my Gyno to look into this further, but thought I might stop here too.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 27

There is some misunderstanding here. You do not shed lining when you ovulate. If you are shedding lining, you are not ovulating at tha time. In fact, even during menstrual flow, you shed only a small portion of your uterine lining. You really need to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist to try to become pregnant. An RE has more traning and experience you will need.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?