Self Insemination
1 Replies
jacw8 - August 14

Hello,
After trying various other fertility treatments my husband and I have decided on self insemination using fresh donor sperm (our donor has had extensive health checks and screening). We have just tried our first cycle with our donor which was unsuccessful and so wondered if you could give us some advice.

My last cycle was 29 days. I received a +LH on day 14 of my cycle (tested at about 5pm) we then performed the first insemination at about 8.30pm the following evening (day 15) and a second insemination in the evening on day 16. Was our timing okay or do you think we were too late?

Also we just used sterile collection cups and a needless syringe to inseminate intravaginally. Is this way okay or would you suggest we buya proper ICI kit with a speculum and catheter and use a cap such as an instead cup too?

Thanks so much for any advice you may be able to give us.

Cheers,
JW

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - August 14

Teh only legitimate adivce I can give you is to STOP using fresh donor sperm, and go to a Reproductive Endocrinologist. No one in his/her right mind woulud use fresh sperm in a medical practice. The sperm banks quarantine sperm for at least 6 months and recheck donors before allowing the specimen to be used for insemination.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?