second opinion
2 Replies
hopefully trying - January 31

I just married in April. I am 40 and my husband is 49. I have a long history of hypothyroidism going back to adolescence on Synthroid). Back in 2000, I had some other hormonal abnormalities (low testosterone, slightly elevated prolactin, cortisol was off, etc) Recently had pituitary workup which again showed slightly elevated prolactin, however, I was just out of ovarian stimulation with Follistem. F/U within normal limits. Have had 4 cycles on Clomid (including Clomid Challange test showing borderline functioning but still within normal limits) and one on Follistem. Had 3 failed IUIs. Also had repeated thin endometrium on the IUI cycles. Am starting Lupron today with plans for an IVF on Follistem. Postitive sperm antibody test (68%). They are recommending ICSI and PGD which we are doing as well. They are recommending transfer of 3 embryos if possible at blastocyst stage. Today just feeling uncertain as to chances. Reading on internet can be my worst enemy. Not sure how to read the statistics for my center (Nashville TN) Afraid all will be for naught, that I haven't asked the right questions.

hopefully trying - January 31

I also have questions about level of bedrest after transfer. I have steps in my home. Should I be totally in bed or can I just take it easy around the house (go downstairs to couch, let the dogs outside etc).

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 31

Each program has different bed rest recommendations. I tell my patients 2 days of bed rest. I know of programs which only indicate a few minutes of bed rest after transfer. There are a fewwhich stipulate a week or more. The truth is, none of us really knows if it is actually important.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?