SCAN AND EMBIE TRANSFER DATES DON'T MATCH
1 Replies
Dizzie - January 20

Just done first fresh IVF with 2 4 cell grade 'A' embies transferred on December 7th. Got 7 week scan on 12th January and just saw 2 sacs with hcg count of 2300. Got second scan four days later and only one sac with 'blob' inside and it had also grown in size. Hcg level was just over 3000. I know the hcg level is probably due to 'vanashing twin' but any thoughts or theories as to why sac and contents not as big as should be by now? Should now be 8 weeks and 2 days but sac size on 19th Jan was only measuring and looking like a 5-6 week sac. No-one at hospital can give me any answers, apart from fact they have seen this before with IVF patients. I'm so hoping you can. Have other scan on 26th and this time they're hoping to see heartbeat. Any information would greatly put my mind at ease as I feel like a freak at the moment.

Thank you and God bless. :)

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 20

Date your pregnancy from date of egg retrieval, plus 2 weeks. At 8 weeks of pregnancy, you should be able to see a well developed fetal pole, and fetal heart beating. At 8 weeks, measuring the length of the fetal pole determines if the fetus is apprpriate size for dates, not the size of the gestational sac.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?