Sack appears empty
3 Replies
deedle1006 - March 7

I have a quick questions:

I have PCOS we did a cycle with follistim, ovidrel and IUI. We got the BFP on 2/20. We went today for our 6 week u/s and they found 2 sacks. One measured 14.5 the other 4.5. The location is not in a good spot either; on either side of my uterus just under the openning of my tubes. Other problem ... the sacks appear to be empty. We go back Friday to take another look, but I have very gaurded hopes.

My question is what is the next step if the sacks are infact empty? I am currently taking a progesterine suppository at night. Once I stop that will I go throught a normal cycle and sluff off the the sacks or will I need a Dand C?

Thanks
Deanna

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 7

If you have 2 gestational sacs, one is empty and the other has a viable pregnancy, you rejoice in having a singleton pregnancy. The empty sac will be absorbed.
Congratulations!

deedle1006 - March 7

Dr. Jacobs,

Actually both sacks appear to be empty. Will they just sluff off when I have my cycle after I stop taking the progesterine?

Deanna

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 7

If both sacs are truly empty at greater than 6 weeeks of pregnancy, you will have a miscarriage. Continuing your progesterone supplement will delay the inevitable. Talk to your RE about stopping your progesterone. You probably will not NEED a D&C.

I hope you havebetter luck next time.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?