Re:BBT Thermometer
6 Replies
Barry Jacobs, M. D. - November 4

All basal thermometerd are the same. If you wish, you may resume with another thermometer. Please be aware that charting basal temperatures is of exteremly little value. It does not provide predictive value as to when you will ovulate. It does not even provide certain evidence that you did. At best, it may tell you that an ovary may be sectering progesterone. It is fairly common, in the infertile population, to go through all the hormonal changes of ovulation, without releasing the egg. For more information, I invite you to see our web page at <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - November 4

All basal thermometerd are the same. If you wish, you may resume with another thermometer. Please be aware that charting basal temperatures is of exteremly little value. It does not provide predictive value as to when you will ovulate. It does not even provide certain evidence that you did. At best, it may tell you that an ovary may be sectering progesterone. It is fairly common, in the infertile population, to go through all the hormonal changes of ovulation, without releasing the egg. For more information, I invite you to see our web page at <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

MAg - November 4

I was incorrect, my thermometer was not a BBT thermometer, it was just a digital thermometer. Can I still get another of the same brand and continue charting?

Thanks so much!

emy - November 10

hello,

i just bought a thermometer but it has not written that BBT.what is the difference between them, how do i know. and what is the perfect range.

pls let me know,waiting for the reply.
love emy

BArryJacobs, M. D. - November 10

BBT thermometers are more acurate in a range from 97 to 99.

izzi - December 27

how do i use a BBT thermometer...i know thats a stupid question

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - December 28

If you feel you must use a basal thermometer, use it to take your temperature as soon as you wake up in the morning, before you get out of bed, or even kiss your husband. Record your temperature daily, on a graph. I do advise you see my reply to the first question in this series.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?