Quiestion about Estrace
4 Replies
Marina - November 17

Hi Dr.Jacobs!
I 'd like your opinion.We just had a succesfull cycle IVF #3.After 2 HCG results (167-10 dpt,and 357-12dpt) nurse told me to stop estrace( I was on 2mg twice a day) and continue with progesterone.From my previous experience from another clinic they kept me on Vivelle dot and progesterone until 10 weeks of pregnancy.
Is it safe to go off estrace all together or should I keep taking at least one pill a day or switch to patch?They don't check estrodiol levels,only progesteron.
Thank you!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 18

If the experience of the clinic you are using is that it is OK to stop Estrace at this time, it will probably be OK. I continue both estrogen and progesterone, but that is without much scientific data to support it. I see it as cheap insurance.
Congratulations.

julesandkev - December 11

Hello, I am gearing up to begin an IVF cycle. I have been prescribed estrace 2mg tid, to begin at the same time that I begin my injectibles (follistim, menopur, and lupron) have you heard of this before, or do you normally only begin estrace after ER? Is this to help build the uterine lining?
Also, the bottle says not to take if pg or planning to become pg???
Thank you for your help.
Julia

B. Jacobs, M. D. - December 12

I have no good data to answer your question, except for the fact that the placenta becomes competant to make estrogens and progesterone at about 8 to 10 weeks of pregnancy. I have my patients continue estrogen and progesterone until the placenta takes over.
Good luck.

julesandkev - December 13

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer. We have decided to switch from from to a medicated cycle with timed intercourse. Hoping for a good response.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?