Quick Stimulation?
0 Replies
MissyT - July 1

I want to thank you for the invaluable resource you provide here. This is such a stressful time for us all and you are very appreciated for your time.

I have a question about over quick stimulation. I just finished my first IVF cycle. Unfortunately it was a failure. We have a male factor issue so we used ICSI and had AH and 2 3 day embryo's transferred they were of good quality. What happened is I only stimmed for 7 days. I have a BMI over 40 so my RE put me on 300iu Follistim and 300iu repronex daily due to my weight. On day 5 i had 5 follicles that were were 15mm and about 8 that were under 10 and an E2 of 576 on day 5. Of the 5 that were retreived only 3 were mature and only 2 fertilized 1 of those fertilized a day late. My question is was it the high dose of stimming drugs that made my 5 follicles so large so fast. And did the short time of stimming not allow for my other eggs to mature? I have a follow up with my RE and I am trying to go in informed. The first one was a whirlwind I had no idea what this was all about and I want to try and have some sort of control this time around. As many I pay totally out of pocket and only have one more shot.

If you had a patient who has a similiar response as I did what you recommend for meds the second time around to allow for more follicles to have time to grow. I am 37(in a few days) and my FSH is in the high 7's low 8.

Thank you again for your time.

???

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?