Question
2 Replies
Red7 - April 24

HI Doctor Jacobs,I met this Lady on line on a infertility forum, About 3 months ago, She Lives in another State than I do. We had about the same Protocol for IUI. She just emailed today and told me she is pregnant, And I am very Happy for her.But when we started talking about our protocol's that our RE's put us on , I noticed something different that her RE told her to do. Than what my RE told me to do .My RE told me start my progesterone oil shots 4 days after trigger shot . But her RE told her to start her progesterone oil shots 2 days after her trigger shot, Since she got pregnant. Do you think my RE is wrong at telling to start my progesterone oil 4 days later after the trigger shot? We both have Low progesterone Levels.Now I am thinking ,is this why I haven't gotten pregnant because I am starting my progesterone oil shots to late? Thank you.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - April 24

It probably does not make any difference when progesterone is started. For IUI, if ovaries are being stimulated with an FSH product, you may not even need progesterone supplement. I have my patints use vaginal progesterone, anyway. I think of it as cheap insurance.
Good luck.

Red7 - April 24

Thank you DR. Jacobs for your answer.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?