Question about scheduling to meet with your RE about IVF?
2 Replies
Keeley - March 22

My question is when is the best time to schedule and appointment to meet with your RE to discuss the IVF procedure?

Should you wait until you get the full amount and then schedule?

Or would be meeting with him to discuss the procedure without having the money be a waste of his time?

I dont know when I should schedule to meet with my RE because my husband says we should wait till we get the full 10,400 and that the $250 office fee could be put towards the IVF.

Any advice?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 23

I can only tell you how I do things. By the time I have a serious discussion about IVF, I have evaluated the couple for a number of issues to determine the potential for IVF success, and, in some cases, do they actually need IVF. I explain my best estimate as to cost, and if they are ready to proceed, our detailed discussion takes about 45 minutes. I prefer to reserve that discussion for the time they are ready to start.

Tiffany F - March 23

Hi Keeley,

I was reading your post to Dr Jacobs and I thought I would share some information with you, Yesterday I left several post in reguards to recieving Discounts on Medical,Prescriptions,etc. you also can recieve discounts on IUI's and IFV, it is a wonderful plan, it is not insurance it is Discounted Medical, you can go to my website and look for locate provider, this company is world wide if you put in your city ans state you will see all the providers in your area. I go to a very top of the line facility in Florida, and to my surprise all 5 RE's to my Dr's office are apart of this plan, the pay up to 50% and more, alot of infertility meds are not covered, I no first hand, we pay $400.00 a month for Humana insurance, and they pay almost nothing, and they do not cover IUI's or IVF, you can even check it out through the Better Business Bureau, I want to share with other women what has been a blessing and a money saver for my husband and I. Some people have this along with there insurance, I dropped our insurance yesterday, I would rather pay $49.95 a month and that is for an entire family, if it's 10 people in your household there all covered or more. We also offer Dental,Vision,Chiropractic and Prescription for an entire family for $19.95, it's a wonderful thing and you can save so much money. I have been apart of shared journey since July 06, I'm not trying to sell anything I'm just trying to help people save money the way I have!my website is www.deliveringonthepromise.com/chinafw
have a wonderful and a blessed day :)

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?