progesterone supplements on injectibles?
1 Replies
lyly14 - August 1

Hi, I just finished taking gonal-f injections on Sunday. I was advised to take a single shot of ovidrel on Monday and directed to have intercourse that night and the following night. It's seems that most of the people I have had contact with (those taking injectibles) have been given progesterone suppossitories a few days after the trigger. My RE did not give me a script for progesterone or mention that I would need it. He just told me to go for bloodwork 7dpo for a serum progesterone check. Is the use of progesterone necessary after a cycle of injectibles or will the multiple follicles that developed produce enough progesterone to support a pregnancy if it were to occur this cycle? It has only been 2 days since I took the trigger and I am wondering if I should call and ask if I should get the progesterone suppositories. Any information you can give would be great. Thanks!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 2

I do prescribe progesterone after ovulation induction, but we really have no good evidence that it is necessary. To me it is cheap insurance. Checking your progesterone level is probably adequate.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?